The Complete Reference Edition
• To make this historic cultural and artistic record widely available in a beautifully crafted edition, for generations to come.
• Individual collectors and institutions that own original Sets will have greater accessibility and enhanced preservation, as well as exceptional presentation and quality.
• Collectors, museums and libraries that do not want to purchase an original Set, will find that our Complete Reference Edition makes the same content available while maintaining extremely high production standards at less than 1% of the cost of an original, vintage Set.
Appendix Volume IV
• The covers on the Volumes and Portfolios are photographic reproductions, over board, of the original leather and buckrum covers.
• The spines are original, custom designs incorporating Native symbols found in the various Volumes.
• The Volumes and Portfolio Volumes are printed on high quality, archival, acid-free Finch Opaque paper.
The Musée du quai Branly, Paris, France
• 20 quarto-sized Volumes: 5,023 pages of text comprising over 2,500,000 words and special characters and 1,511 photographic prints and illustrations, of which 34 are in color.
• The twenty original Portfolios are presented in four Portfolio Volumes that comprise recreations of all 723 original photogravure plates. This allows for greatly improved and efficient viewing.
• All Native language special characters were digitally recreated for the Reference Edition.
• All 2,234 photographs were digitally remastered to state of the art standards by Master Printer Peter Bernardy whose Curtis photographs have been exhibited internationally in over 100 venues in 42 countries.
• Greatly enhanced readability and accessibility for both text and photographs.
Top of Spines, Volumes I & II
- Edition Size: Open
- Price: $6,500 + Free Insured Shipping Within The Contiguous U.S. – Contact Us If Outside Contiguous U.S. For A Shipping Quote
- Complete, Full Size, Recreations Of All Twenty Original Text And Portfolio Volumes
- Twenty Text Volumes (12.25 × 9.5 × 1.75”)
- Twenty Portfolios Presented In 4 Volumes (13.75 × 10.75 × 1.75”)
- 2,234 Photographic Prints
- 5,023 Pages
- Over 2.5 Million Words
Initial Publication Date: Summer 2018
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates.